Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sweet, sweet, freedom!


What a deliciously delightful day I had! Woke up early, greeted the rising sun, got a bunch of stuff done at home and then....went to Old Spokes and got a new (well, used) bike! I am so in love with it, could not be happier. It's a hybrid and I attached a rack, basket, LED light and a cute little bell, ding ding! The guys at the shop were incredibly friendly and helpful. I feel like bike shops generally exude good vibes. As I've said before and will say again: I think it is literally impossible to be on a bike and be unhappy. I can't help but smile as I tool around Burlington on my new wheels.

After picking up Georgina (that name just came to me for the bike as I was checking out "her" tires at the shop...), I strolled along Church street with my favorite person in the Universe, and after a couple of hours met up with the fam for dinner at Leunig's.

In the midst of all of this, an extremely odd, cathartic, and eventually freeing experience occurred. I will provide no more details than that, but I will say that something I've been deeply struggling with for the past 2 years has finally been released and I feel light, joyous, free, happy, and wholly Julia. What greatness.....when a gross, toxic portion of your experience dissipates. I am full of gratitude right now.


Namste', my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment