Thursday, February 19, 2009

Memories, like mohair sweaters/ Stretched and pilled faux distressed letters


It seems as though this is Video Day...

You may or may not know of my love for Andrew Bird. From Chicago, this insanely talented musician is classically trained, but has turned convention on it's head. He strums the violin as if it were a guitar and then transitions into the most beautiful tones, he whips his guitar around from back to front and plucks and bangs. He is a self-proclaimed "professional whistler" and his clear whistle is an instrument itself. AND, I haven't even touched on the subject of how sweet his voice is and how incredibly masterful, eloquent, and thought-provoking his lyrics are. I was introduced to his music while in France and then last fall he performed in Burlington. I don't think I took one breath during the entire show.

Yes, yes, I know it seems like I am speaking waaay too highly of this man, but just trust me on this one. He's truly a master of his craft...and what's even more appealing is how passionate he is. :::sigh::: It may be safe to say that I have a not-so-secret crush on this wonder of a man. That's not the point though, his music is a light that should enter your life, if it has not yet done so. The following are a few clips...enjoy


Andrew Bird - From the Basement from QandnotU on Vimeo.







Andrew Bird - Nervous Tick Motion from Brandon on Vimeo.





Andrew Bird Live at the Orpheum from Hans Sicker on Vimeo.



And just to get it out of my system (I hereby promise not to go on another Andrew Bird rant, at least not on this blog), here are some more goodies:

Official Website--

http://www.andrewbird.net/

NPR: All Things Considered, 2/13/09 interview--

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=100239360

No comments:

Post a Comment