Saturday, March 21, 2009

How goodness heightens beauty!

*****************************************

Doing exactly what I want to be doing on this Saturday morning...

Woke up slowly, coffee coffee, radiolab podcast, read a soulful email from someone I miss very much, caught up on correspondence (as they say), contemplated some stuff, slippers, more coffee, another podcast....yes.

Now to venture outside into the sun sun sunshine!

******************************************

Another ethiopian food experience last night.  Soho.  Still love.

******************************************

You know, I was thinking this morning, around 3am as I snuggled into my fresh sheets...maybe the best thing is to realize that sometimes people come into your life to serve a very specific purpose.  And maybe it's healthier to completely let go at some point and realize that it has happened, (whether it was beautiful or ugly, enlightening or dull, blissful or painful) and that's that.  Maybe with some relationships it's better to stick a period there and jettison the ellipses.  Or perhaps some people you should bracket and stick in your pocket forever, or plant in the park and let them grow on their own.  Some things are just meant to be a glimpse.  And that's all they should have ever been.  Trying to carry out an unnatural continuation can be harmful.  


*********************************

But it's also OK to break the rules once in a while.  Why have rules, if not to break them?

*********************************

Oh yes, April 30th is officially "Poetry in your Pocket" day!  I know it's a little early to alert you...but I'm very excited.  I am looking for the perfect short verse to write on a little piece of paper and photocopy a million times.  I will go around all day giving people the little slip of paper.  Poetry that they can stick in their pocket.  I'm excited.

*********************************

Into the sun I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment