Sunday, March 29, 2009

An owl's coo in the morning


I know that...


every word props itself up on an immense architecture of contingency.



* * * * * * * * * *



I am pretty sure that a big fluffy couch in the middle of a vast forest would be...yummy.  Spring, spring, you are so close!

* * * * * * * * * *

I opened my mailbox yesterday to find the most wonderful surprise!  Thank you, thank you!  Something I was not expecting at all...something that will make these next few months, and all warm months, quite magical.  

* * * * * * * * * *

I went to my favorite little coffee shop yesterday to do some work.  It was weird, I was really ON.  Usually when I go to a coffee shop to work or write I will kind of zone out in an A.D.D-esque cloud for about 30 minutes and then start to think about maybe working.  But not yesterday.  I sat right down and pumped out 3 hours of work...BAM!  Love when that happens.  I saved my document, stood up, stretched, got a coffee, returned to my little table and poured some poetry onto a page.  It felt like a warm bath full of bubbles...it's been a few weeks since I've done any creative writing.  Mmm, what a treat.  Maybe I'll share the poems, maybe I won't.  We'll see.  Voyons.  

* * * * * * * * * *

I like:


* * * * * * * * * *

By the way, I know I have "comma over-use syndrome"...but there's a reason.


* * * * * * * * * *

Because I have scaled a tree, I know that beyond language is a huge plain, with dark flowers and little mazy footpaths.

* * * * * * * * * *

An orange, consumed
By the man who ate it,
Invaded his skin
To the flesh beneath.

* * * * * * * * * *



No comments:

Post a Comment