Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Let's swing into the night





Hello, Hello,

Le Ballon bleu!

*****************************************


I am in a coffee shop right now. Well, technically it's a tea shop. I've been noticing lately that I apologize for things that I don't need to. For example, the seating is fairly limited here and one woman was using a chair as a "purse holder"...AKA: wasting a chair on her purse, so I went over and asked if somebody was using the chair and she glanced up from her computer, gave a not-so-subtle "Ugggghhhhh" and grabbed her purse and tossed it onto the floor. "Oh, thanks..." I said, "sorry". But I am not sorry! The same thing happens if somebody blatantly runs into me on the street. I will be the one to say sorry. Doesn't make sense.

***************************************

Ok, back to something I briefly mentioned a couple days ago--

I was waiting for a friend the other day and turned to my phone for mild entertainment. I started playing that dumb "brick-breaker" game (which I secretly love...). As my little paddle dashed back and forth on the screen, sending the ball back up to bounce against the walls, ceiling, and bricks, I glanced over to the right side of the screen. I was on a difficult level and wanted to check how many lives I had. Four. Ok, shoulders relaxed a little, it was ok if I made a mistake and ate up one life because I would have three others.

This is what led me to wonder what I would do in real life if I knew I had three more tries. If I could, say, "mess up" and know that I would just be plopped right back where I was. How would I live my life differently? My initial thought was "well, I wouldn't". It's not like I would suddenly start dashing into traffic without looking both ways, or experiment with sketchy drugs, or..I don't know, attempt to climb Mt. Everest (because, let's face it, that wouldn't turn out so well). But I am fully aware of how lame and, most likely, false this first reaction was. So I have begun to make a list of things I would do if I knew a mess up wouldn't mean "game over". Here's what I have so far...

1. A Great White shark dive (one day I'll write about my deep fascination and fear of sharks)
2. Hang Glide (which I would probably try sans the extra lives, anyway)
3. Take part in a streetluge race
4. Hang out with wild tigers
5. Bungee jump
6. Solo white water rafting excursion
7. Take a month to explore the Amazon Rainforest, alone

...that's all I have for now, but I'm sure the list will expand!

***********************************************

Truth, truth, truth.  It's something we need not seek, because it's all there is.

***********************************************

If You Forget Me

I want you to know one thing.

***********************************************

I think it is impossible not to smile while...

-walking behind a dog with a cute waddle
-seeing a sweet father with his child
-riding a bike
-skipping
-swinging
-hearing/seeing/experiencing a child's curiosity
-whizzing across the water on a motor boat, or jetskiing
-thinking of people you love in moments of laughter
-...list to be continued!

**************************************

Gracious, gracious Universe













No comments:

Post a Comment