Sunday, May 10, 2009

Maman, Je t'aime




Happy Mother's Day to all moms!  I was searching for today's image...keeping an eye out for something along the lines of a beautiful pillow of flowers, spring colors, cheesy ribbons, but then I came across this and realized that for me, this is the perfect Mother's Day message.

Hands down, the greatest thing my mom (and dad) has instilled in me is that dreams become reality.  I was always one of those kids (and still am) who tended to slip into the alpha state continuously throughout the day: creating elaborate narratives of my future, envisioning adventures, new people, etc.  Now we know that this is actually a good thing...to allow your mind to relax and create scenarios you'd like to see become reality.  But with no weight on the outcome.  Anyway, I was always told that as challenging as something may seem, there is a way to make it happen.  And I have to say, this mindset/openness to the truth has served me well so far and I look forward to realizing many dreams to come.  So, thanks mama (can you feel my hug in France?)...


Click below to read Julia W. Howe's original 1870 Mother's Day Proclamation (Yes, same name.  whoa.  also, she was born May 27...a mere 5 days off!):


http://womenshistory.about.com/od/howejwriting/a/mothers_day.htm

*********************************

Listening to NPR this morning, the most beautiful voices seeped out of my radio.  Newly in love with Idan Raichel, an Israeli music producer who not only has an amazing voice and spirit, but is also intelligent, beautiful, and the bearer of some wonderful dreadlocks.  I always wanted to date a guy with wonderful dreads ... but the cool ones, not the ones where they are basically the result of a bird's nest gone awry (aka: 2 big disgusting dreads as opposed to many smaller ones)...and they couldn't smell bad either.  Ok, yes.  Check him out:

NPR Article [listen to the two songs from "within my walls"...so beautiful]:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103953328


******************************

Alright, the Jones man wants a long walk, then I have to see some people before I head back to the city tonight!  What a wonderful weekend this has been...really needed to take a step back, reconnect, etc.


Busy, busy week coming up!



big SMOOCH pour tous

No comments:

Post a Comment